Donations and Bequests
The support we continue to receive from Western Australian and South Australian communities never ceases to amaze us. More than $2 million was donated to Silver Chain and RDNS SA in the last financial year. RDNS SA would like to thank all of our supporters who donated over $207,850. And, it is with special thanks to the many community groups, individuals and organisations who have helped raise more than $1,885,900 to support Silver Chain’s services in WA, NSW and Queensland.
During the 2012/13 financial year, we asked our supporters to help us by:
- Volunteering with Silver Chain to assist our Blue Skies Program, Recollections Program and Hospice Care Service in WA. Volunteers play a crucial role and make a real difference at Silver Chain and RDNS SA in enabling us to continue to provide services – we couldn’t do it without them.
- Supporting our Research team where many of our services are developed such as our Telehospice project, which has the potential to improve the end-of-life care delivered to a significant number of Western Australians. Being able to undertake vital research helps ensure we deliver high quality, client driven services to increase healthy, sustainable and independent living in our community.
- Enabling us to rebuild Silver Chain WA’s Eneabba Health Centre after it had been infested with white ants, and restore emergency services to this remote town. Our Eneabba Health Centre provides a range of health care and emergency services to support local residents, the school and the surrounding mining community.
- Contributing to our Clinical Scholarship Program to help give our nurses, counsellors, professional carers and allied health staff in WA, SA and Queensland greater opportunities to develop their skills in a range of specialist fields through postgraduate study.
- Donating towards RDNS SA’s 2012 Christmas Hamper Program, which raised more than $50,000. Part of these funds was used to prepare 150 hampers, which were filled with essential food items and delivered to the homes of clients most in need across Adelaide just before Christmas.
Without your help, none of this could be possible – we thank you for your kind support.
Over 40 Estates and Trusts left a legacy to Silver Chain Group Limited last year with a total donation of over $3 million.
There is no better legacy than leaving a gift that will, in turn, help others. We would like to thank the individuals, their families and many anonymous donors who have given so generously.
Behind every contribution is a human journey. Gifts that come to us from being a beneficiary of your Estate ensures that Australians can continue to receive care and support when it is most needed.