Helping People Stay at Home Longer
Providing high value care so people can stay at home is at the core of what Silver Chain Group does and is how we deliver on our purpose – building community capacity to optimise health and wellbeing.
Over the next five years we aim to make a significant difference in the health and wellbeing of our clients across three core areas:
- aged care, and
- country services.
This requires a significant transformation of our organisation to both strengthen and grow from our core. Exceptional client services have long been a hallmark of our organisation and we need to continue to focus on delivering services in a way that ensures the highest quality and efficiency. This will need to be supported by changes to our culture, structure, systems and processes. In delivering our strategy, we will continue to be guided by our compass of client focus, community connection and care for our people.
During 2012/13, we have progressed our strategy in the following ways:
- Developed Silver Chain Group’s values through engagement with our staff and volunteers;
- Aligned the performance development of our people in line with our direction;
- Developed preliminary measures to demonstrate the impact of a number of services;
- Realigned our research, quality and consumer areas to focus on our core in innovative, client-centric ways;
- Begun operations in New South Wales with the launch of ComPacks, and the relocation of our Head of Strategy to Sydney;
- Amalgamated duplicate systems across the organisation, increasing back office efficiency.