Registered Training Organisation
Amidst a year of intense industry reform at national and state levels, both within the nationally recognised training industry and the health and community care industries it serves, RDNS Training (in South Australia) and Silver Chain Training experienced a variety challenges and succes in 2012/13.
This year, the business:
- updated its trading names, introducing a fresh adaptation of the Silver Chain Group branding to help differentiate itself in the highly competitive training markets of South Australia and Western Australia. This new look also helps communicate the important connection the business has with the Group.
- redesigned and secured regulatory licensing approval to offer our Diploma of Nursing course in both SA and WA. This positions the business as one of the only training providers in Australia, public or private, approved to offer this licensed course across more than one state.
- secured VET FEE-HELP approval, which is a crucial addition to improving the accessibility of the business' courses to students who may otherwise struggle with the course fees. This national income-contingent loan scheme has already begun to play an important role in the growth of the business in WA and its sustainability in the volatile SA market.
- grew its digital capability, successfully launching a national online learning product for community-based palliative care. This product won the Platinum Award for Best e-Learning Model in the Asia Pacific LearnX awards and has already attracted over 3,000 users since going live on 1 June 2013. Created in partnership with the Australian Hospitals and Healthcare Association and e3 Learning, strong collaboration with the Group's palliative care clinical experts was a standout feature of this achievement.
- delivered Certificate IV in Frontline Management courses to the Group's metro- and country-based healthcare staff in both SA and WA.
- won a contract to design and deliver face-to-face palliative care training across all of Tasmania over the next two years, placing the business as a genuine operator across three time-zones of Australia.
RDNS Training and Silver Chain Trainingalso commenced investigating how it can support with the impending arrival of Consumer Directed Care, the National Disability Insurance Scheme, and the Silver Chain Group's eastern states expansion: all presenting rich opportunity for the year ahead.