We have continued to receive an overwhelming amount of support from the communities in which we provide services. More than $3 million was donated to Silver Chain and RDNS SA in the last financial year.
Thank you to the many clients, community groups, individuals and organisations who have donated more than $254,820 to RDNS SA and more than $1,880,240 to support Silver Chain’s services in Western Australia, New South Wales and Queensland.
During the 2012/13 financial year, we asked our supporters to help us by:
- Enabling RDNS SA’s Breathing Space Program to continue to support clients who are experiencing financial hardship and require one-off assistance to help them in times of need.
- Helping us purchase wound care products, medical equipment, clinic and waiting room furniture and to rebuild, renovate and maintain our nursing clinics in Western Australia so we can continue to service our rapidly growing population.
- Supporting our Palliative Care services in Queensland by helping to maintain our basic stock of care supplies and in Western Australia by assisting us to provide professional GP training in the form of palliative care medicine qualifications.
- Donating towards RDNS SA’s 2013 Christmas Hamper Program. These funds were used to provide 130 hampers, which were filled with essential food items and delivered to the homes of clients most in need across Adelaide just before Christmas.
- Enabling RDNS SA to purchase new bladder scanners, which gives our nurses the ability to actually see what’s going on inside the bladder, allowing them to make a comprehensive assessment and management plan for sufferers of urinary dysfunction.
- Contributing to our national Clinical Scholarship Program which helps committed staff members to achieve their potential and provide the best possible care by undertaking post graduate studies to improve their qualifications.
Without your help, none of this could be possible – we thank you for your kind support and generosity.