The quality care Silver Chain Group provides to the community so people can continue to live independently at home is only possible thanks to our dedicated and committed staff.
To ensure we continue to support, develop and motivate our 3,200 staff and 380 volunteers to reach their full potential we have undertaken a number of initiatives over the last year including:
- Embedding leadership programs to support the development of our senior, mid-level and frontline leaders across Silver Chain Group. This year, almost half of our eligible workforce had the opportunity to further develop their skills by participating in the programs.
- Bringing to life our digital strategy with the launch of our social media presence on Facebook and Twitter in September 2014. We also developed and launched an industry leading website, which has a fresh new look and feel and a significantly improved user experience.
- Developing a new brand campaign – A shared journey – that focuses on our clients and demonstrates that no matter what stage they’re at in life, we will be there by their side, supporting them on life’s journey.
- Carrying out more than 70 training sessions for 500 staff to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge to support our clients with the introduction of the Federal Government’s Aged Care Reforms, in particular Consumer Directed Care.
- Carrying out major refurbishments at Hyden, Eucla, Brookton and Eneabba in Western Australia, at Mooloolaba and Banyo in Queensland and Chatswood in New South Wales, providing improved facilities for our staff and clients alike.
- Rolling out a national approach to workplace design that incorporates an open plan working environment. Silver Chain House in Osborne Park, Perth, was refurbished and transitioned to open plan over the past 12 months.
A major focus for Silver Chain Group continues to be the health and wellbeing of our people. We actively ensure our staff are safe and healthy whilst at work and through a range of initiatives, we have achieved great results including:
- A 23 percent reduction in lost time injuries across the Group
- A 20 percent reduction in average claim costs in WA
- A 50 percent reduction in average claim costs in SA
- A 40 percent reduction in the workers' compensation incurred liability in SA.
The Early Intervention program supports staff to seek assistance for aches, sprains and strains before they escalate into injures. This year, we had 350 staff take advantage of this proactive program.