Health Care Western Australia
Health Care Western Australia continues to deliver extensive community solutions across its range of core services, further strengthening the ‘system of care’ model across acute, complex and chronic, palliative and end-of-life care in our metropolitan and regional communities.
The provision of our services is focussed on meeting the needs of our communities, and supporting the evolution of a sustainable health care sector.
We have accomplished this by:
- avoiding hospital care by offering quality alternatives
- working closely with Heath Service Providers to facilitate early discharges from Western Australia’s hospitals
- reducing unplanned hospital admissions and decreasing length of stay
- developing and implementing new models of care based on community needs
- working collaboratively with General Practice and WA Primary Health Alliance to better integrate across services to support people with complex and chronic conditions
- embracing technology to evolve our models of care through innovation including telehealth and telemonitoring capabilities, enhanced consultation models of specialist staff, workforce development, and consumer engagement
- reviewing and evaluating our services to ensure that our value of integrity is upheld, and that we deliver on what we say we will do.
Every day Health Care WA supports more than 7,000 people to be cared for in the community. We look forward to pursuing more opportunities that better meet the needs and improves the outcomes for our community.
General Manager, Health WA